Raising dollars FORE our scholars
Sunset Hills Family Auction & Art Gala
Friday, May 31st, 2019
Sunset Hills Elementary School MPR
5:00 PM - 7:45 PM - checkout. (Auction closes at 7:45pm)
Bids open Tuesday, May 28th, at 9am.
Go here to see our 2019 Auction Items: https://go.cause4auction.com/sunsethillsauction2019
Every year, the Foundation sponsors a Silent Auction event. This is a family event that is held at the school.
Schedule of Events
5:00pm: Come eat and start bidding!
5:15pm: Mr. Thai karate demo
5:45pm: Monday's Hip Hop Class performs
6:00pm: Tuesday's Hip Hop Class performs
6:15pm: Wednesday's Hip Hop Class performs
6:25pm: Lightbulb Lab video, then a sneak peek of our lab, with some hands on activities for kids. Doors will remain open for 30 minutes.
7:15pm: Golf Challenge game for kids and adults! Winners get prizes.
7:45pm: Tables close, and iPad and Pencil drawing
7:45pm: Start check out
Silent Auction Procedures
Sunset Hills Education Foundation uses a mobile auction fundraising platform for bidding on auction items. All the auction items will be on display during the auction event and all bidding will happen on-line via your mobile phone or iPads provided by the school. There are many advantages to mobile bidding including, receiving outbid notifications, keeping track of what you bid on, and paying for items using self check-out.
The website address for the auction will be announced prior to the auction and bidding will start prior to the actual event.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I need to participate?
All you need is a web browser on any device (smartphone, tablet, computer) that has internet access. If you are attending the event in person it would be handy to install a QR code reader. Here are our recommendations for a free QR Reader:
- For iOS 11 just pull up your camera and put the QR code in the viewfinder. For older OS's , click here
- For Android, click here
How do I get a Bidder Number?
There are 2 ways to get a bidder number:
1. On the home page of the auction, select "Don't have a bidder number yet? Register HERE", link and complete your bidder information.
2. When placing your first bid, after selecting the "Place Bid" button, select "I don't have one yet" button on the bidder lookup page and complete the bidder registration.
How do I bid on an item?
- While at the auction, scan the QR code of the item you want to bid on OR use the website and click on the item you are interested in bidding on.
- Click on the "Place a Bid" button.
- Enter your bidder number and click Lookup.
- Set your bid price
- New Bid - the exact amount you want to bid
- Max Bid - let the system automatically bid up to this amount for you. This is very useful at the end of the auction when everyone is bidding up a storm
- Verify your information is correct.
- Click "Place Bid".
How do I see what I've already bid on?
- From the menu (looks like 3 tiny bars on a phone), click on "My Bids".
- Enter your Bidder number and password (if you have one).
- Click "Login".
- You should now be able to see all of your bids and which ones you are winning or have been outbid on. You will also see your total commitment.
How does Automatic Bidding work?
When creating a bid, you will have the option to enter a "New Max Bid". By entering an amount in this box, you will be allowing the system to bid for you up to the amount entered. This will help prevent you from being outbid at the last moment.
A couple of things to keep in mind. One, the system using "E-Bay" logic to determine the highest bidder. If 2 bidders, have the same Max Bid on an item, the bidder who entered the Max Bid first will win the item. Second, you will not see all the incremental bids in the case where 2 bidders have a Max Bid, the bidder with the highest Max Bid will be displayed once you save your bid. If you are not listed as the highest bidder, you need to change your Max Bid.
How do I pay?
- After the auction has ended, you will receive a notification letting you know if you have won any items with a link to the "My Bids" page.
- Click on the link or go to the "My Bids" page directly.
- At the bottom of the page, tap the "Self-Checkout" button (note: this will only appear after the auction has ended).
- This will take you to our secure payment page.
- Complete the form and submit the payment. You will receive an email confirmation once the transaction is completed.
Any other questions? Email email@example.com